Everyone except John and I had left Panama City by yesterday morning at 7.30 am.
We said our goodbyes and Russ luckily got a group photo but I think we were missing Jack and Linda for the photo? I believe the temperature in Calgary was -24C for their arrival with a windchill - brrrrr.
John and I walked for a few hours birding along the causeway before we had to leave for the airport for our flight to Houston. All went well and we successfully made it to the hotel after a horrible cab ride from IAH to the Country Inn and Suites in Humble TX. The man did not speak much English, didn't know his way around, and couldn't spell in order to use his GPS. Yikes. We checked into the hotel and were given a suite which was great. We went back to Pappa's seasfood restaurant and had a fabulous seafood meal of shrimps - our last good seafood for a long time.
(We learned at IAH yesterday that we as Canadians could go in the U.S. residents lineup for immigration after we landed so this speeded up the process considerably.)
We are leaving the hotel in about 1/2 hour for IAH once again and the flight into the frozen city called Calgary. We obviously didn't plan our trip long enough to escape all the cold weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment