Hola
Saturday night John and I went to Alberto's restaurant, our favorite Panama City restaurant. It was a great evening, warm and humid, and we said goodbye to our friend, Adolfo, who is a waiter at the restaurant. We met him during our first visit to Panama 5 years ago and he always remembers us. The restaurant has a terrific view of Panama City as the restaurant is located on the Amador Causeway along the Panama Canal.
Yesterday we went again to Metropolitan Park with David Leslie and had a great time birding. We also saw 2 mammals - Geoffrey's Tamarin monkies and Coatimundis. We walked to the mirador on the top of the hill overlooking Panama City. It was particularly hot and muggy.
At dinnertime we all headed out to 'Mostava' a restaurant located in Casco Viejo (old Panama City). For the most part, the meals were excellent.
Today, John and I went to Gamboa area and walked awhile on Plantation Road where we spoke with one of the bird guides we know from our other visits. We were very lucky with mammals and saw a Three-toed sloth and Black Howler Monkeys. We also walked up Semaphore Hill again and saw an Agouti and Geoffrey's Tamarin monkeys as well as 2 Puffbirds species. It was a very good morning.
We enjoyed our last day at the pool and then commenced with packing as we leave tomorrow morning for Houston and then stay overnight, arriving in Calgary on Wednesday around dinnertime. Diana left this morning and the rest of our group leave tomorrow morning for home. It looks like the weather may be warming up slightly which would not hurt our feelings a bit! I was unable to put in more photos (I possibly have gone over my file limit for photos) but will be putting together an online photos album once I am home.)
If I have time I will write again in the blog from Houston.
All I can say is I LOVE Panama City.
No comments:
Post a Comment